Reply To: Anyone with Sensory Predominant CIDP?

August 20, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I have apparently had sensory-predominant CIDP for six years. I studied everything i saw twelve or more docs including four neurologists. Was diagnosed as idiopathic until last month now its very very rare CIDP. As i read this chat string i realize that its even more specific snd more rare its SP-CIDP (Sensory Predominant CIDP). I also picked up on the link between SP-CIDP and Herpes. In five minutes i found the document at this link in which medical researchers believe theres a very strong causal connection between Herpes and SP-CIDP. http://www.ewg-board.eu/archiv-euromedica/archiv-euromedica-2-2014/Pages%20from%20archiv_euromedica_02_2014_maket_29_12_2014-16.pdf

I had Herpes outbreaks in my past.

Now after six years of increasing pain and numbness and as many years of exhaustive attempts – now I have a very likely answer. And I have treatments underway (Prednisone and Flebagamma).

I write all this to say: (a) thank you for your contributions to this chat string they are extremely vsluable to me; and (b) i will answer any question posed to me on this chat string to try to give back.

I know a lot about Peripheral Neuropathy. I chased through dozens of hypotheses to try to figure this out and stop my debilitating progression.

SP-CIDP i finally caught you.