Reply To: Numb Butt!

March 10, 2018 at 10:46 am

GBSer, there is always reason to have hope. It is difficult, I know, when you’re faced with persistent and nagging symptoms. It can be downright debilitating and gradually drain away your resolve to maintain a positive attitude during recovery. I was told that during recovery I would face depression and thought to myself, no biggie. But turns out it’s not so easy. I’ve never suffered from emotional instability or mental illness but am teetering on the edge now and can certainly better sympathize with those who have tried to explain their emotional suffering to me before. My latest challenge is with anxiety – also something I’ve never had to deal with before. I wake up anxious, have tremors and twitches especially in my mouth, jaw, and fingers, and that makes me more anxious, which in turn exasperates the symptoms. Soon enough I turn into a basket case. So whether or not you find someone with exactly the same symptoms as you, have heart because we’re all suffering in similar fashion and all have reason to hope for better days ahead. Whether that means the symptoms abate or we just adapt, either would be okay with me at this point!