Reply To: Anti-MAG treatment update

January 4, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Hi Peter (and group),
I had my last infusion in August 2017….I had my first infusion in February of 2017. They are spreading them out 6 months apart. I would say that your source may be correct in terms of taking about 9 months to notice a change. It seems to me that I felt improvement (slightly better balance, less reliance on cane all the time, more strength in my legs) around October 2017 which would be about 8 months after my first treatment in Aug. One thing that I’ve had difficulty adjusting to is the slow pace of noticing change. My dr. appts. are about 3 to 4 months apart which feels like a lifetime when you live with it every day. I did see Dr. Kenneth Gorson this fall who is associated with St. Elizabeth’s Hospital out here in the Boston area. He suggested a more compressed Rituximab dosage (every 3 months) so I’m pondering that. My next Rituximab treatment should be this February. I’m not sure if I will get approved for a more compressed schedule but will let the group know how it goes either way. Stay warm everyone!
Heidi