Reply To: Was I misdiagnosed? Here's my strange GBS story.

January 2, 2018 at 1:14 am

I refused a spinal. I will alwsys refuse. Too many disc and nerve damage to risk it. The hospital agreed to treat me without since it appeared the GBS was accelerating though it changed course and started to resolve.

Had a mild relapse and met with neuro. Naturally begged for a spinal. I set three conditions. 1. General anesthesia. Otherwise I will freak out and hurt someone and myself. I have before, I know I would again. 2. If I wake up with a weeks worth of a migraine because some idiot hit the wrong area, which is what causes the headaches in the first place, I will scream every single second until the migraine is gone. 3. If I get any more damage to my nerves or discs, I will murder the offender with my bare hands. Naturally, she couldn’t agree to a of my terms. She fully agreed to GA and would push the insurance to pay for it but could not guarantee no migraine or no damage. So nope. Nopity Nope. I may never get a full diagnosis due to this and I accept that but I know full well they can work around it. My insurance can kiss my royal American. They’ve demanded stupid, invasive stuff twice before and lost both times in litigation. If I have to, I’ll take them on a third time.