Reply To: Anti-MAG treatment update

July 26, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I am really wondering, what your symptoms are? Also, what has the progression of your symptoms been? Were you a very physically active individual? As mentioned, I was diagnosed in March of 2016, I am 67 now. My balance is still fair to good and I move at 100% – if I wear tennis shoes. The active hand tremors have increased, just recently, and it makes doing some things quite difficult. It is my understanding IVIG does not produce results for our condition and Rituximab usually requires more than one treatment. My neurologist is the head of Neurology at USF and is considered an expert on our condition. He said treatment with Rituximab will be avoided until my functionality is diminished. However, he cannot tell me how long that will take. I do a lot of yard work, ride my bicycle an hour a day, and workout with a personal trainer 3 days a week to work on my muscle strength. However, since I don’t know anyone else with the condition, it is hard for me to determine if my progression is slow or aggressive, and what to expect in the future. I hope to hear from you!