Reply To: Anyone: UC Irvine Neuromuscular Center?

May 2, 2017 at 1:59 am

Jim-LA:

Thank you very much for the link and info on Cedars-Sinai.

I am fighting many battles with several doctors right now to get treatment. Because I can”t walk, I was hospitalized for the IVig treatment four weeks ago. During that time I had daily blood tests that show that I am very anemic, so I spoke to my medicine nurse this morning about maybe we need to find out why my daily iron pills aren’t taking care of this.

Next week, I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon about fixing my right foot. My ankle got broken December 2015 the day I was discharge from this nursing facility after recovering from a skin graft, but having lost my ability to stand or walk without extreme dizziness and weakness. The skin graft was done after getting necrotizing cellulitis of the posterior and being hospitalized for 5.5 weeks at Long Beach Memorial Wound Care Unit. The day after I was admitted, I could still walk, but after a few days of treatment consisting of multiple IV antibiotics, pneumonia and flu vaccinations, being put into congestive heart failure and getting a blood clot in my right arm from clumsy attempts at starting the IV, I lost the ability to sit up and I sure couldn’t walk.

It had taken me a year and a half to get a probable CIDP diagnosis, but Blue Sheild of CA is not making my life very easy.