Reply To: For those who get regular IVIG infusions, how often do you get them?

March 30, 2017 at 7:57 pm

BryanF,
I was supposed to be getting IVIG one week on four weeks off for 2 consecutive cycles of treatment. However I never seemed to get it…it was either the insurance company issues or the Dr. “firing me” as a patient. Long story short my current maintenance routine has been April 4 days (2 on one off 2 on), December (2 days on, one off, 2 days on, two off and one day on) and finally one day of treatment Tuesday the 28th. I am not sure of your experience with IVIG as I have just stumbled on this topic/board but I have found that I needed the break otherwise I get a wicked migraine that even 3 doses of Imeterx (sp?) won’t even touch. I end up in the ER getting IV fluids and dualauted. With my last full 5 day treatment (had to be stretched out to 7 days due to the weekend) I was being pre-treated with tylenol, am IV steroid and IV benedryl. I would also follow the same routine after treatment to prevent (or combat) a migraine with the exception that at home I would use Percocet and Ibuprofin for the headache.

Good luck with you treatment and if I can be of any help please let me know.

Steve