Reply To: Diagnosed and Undiagnosed!

March 14, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Hi Sandra,

I was originally admitted to Fountain Valley through the ER, where they suspected GBS and started me on IVIG immediately. They didn’t diagnose me with GBS until a week or so later when they ruled out other possible disorders/diseases. I also had a round of plasmapheresis, which kind of defeated the purpose of getting IVIG in the first place. I progressed regardless and was then sent to UC Irvine for higher level of care. I’ve had numerous neurologists work on my case, including Dr. Goyal. She works with Mozaffar. They are both highly respected individuals and I don’t mean to discourage you from seeing either with my own experience. I think they’re both great; my story just serves as a reminder that it isn’t one size fits all when it comes to treatment for the same condition. The neurologist who followed me last at the subacute facility is Dr. Douglas Chang. His office is in Foothill Ranch. My insurance doesn’t cover him outside of the facility, unfortunately, so I had to find yet another neurologist to work with and my appointment isn’t until April. I will keep you posted about this new neurologist if you’d like. I reside in Orange County. Let me know if you need anything! I’ve worked with several different neurologists as I’ve been pushed around to different facilities throughout Orange County and can personally tell you which ones are good. It’s just a matter of whether your insurance will cover seeing them at their office or not. Personal email: jaimerz68@gmail.com

Jamie