Reply To: just diagnosed on Wednesday –

March 12, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Did the lumbar puncture find the protein associated with CIDP? If it did, the insurance company should okay the IVIG.

I was diagnosed in December. First I was given 80mg of Prednisone and told it would take a month for it work. Unfortunately, by January first I could barely walk and basically collapsed in the doctors office on Jan 2nd. He put me in the hospital immediately and started a 5 day regimen of IVIG. With a couple days I was back up walking with a cane.

After that, I’ve been in 60 mg of Prednisone, have lost the cane and I’d say I’m back to about 80% of normal.

While I’m trending in the right direction, the frustrating thing I’ve discovered about receiving the last 20% is there are ups and downs instead of a linear progression.

As to supplements, since I’m on steroids, I take a multi-vitamin to replace calcium, magnesium, Vit C, B, Zinc, Vit D, Folic acid, Biotin, and selenium. I eat a daily banana to replace potassium.

Hope some of this helps.

Like I said, the IVIG was a miracle drug for me. I truly thought I would never walk again the first day in the hospital. Now, I’m back to work, which while tiring, is good milestone to be at.

Best of luck and keep us posted.