Reply To: help

February 25, 2017 at 3:45 pm

I was diagnosed in February 2016 and released from the subacute facility in January 2017. My gait was extremely unstable, like a baby learning how to walk for the first time. I was very wobbly and couldn’t walk long distances. I also had somewhat of a limp going on and my balance was off. I continue to received IVIG treatments every month and am still on Prednisone. Both have really helped along with staying active and constantly working out. Everything from my balance to my gait has gotten a lot better. I can almost run again. It just takes time to recover, so have patience and stay positive and motivated. I’m still unable to sit on the floor unless I have something behind me to help me lower myself. Squatting is unbearable as my quads are extremely tight, but I stretch regularly to try to regain flexibility. My knees and ankles are still weak so I have trouble with stairs and sidewalks, but it’s getting better. The length of recovery is different for everyone. Listen to your body and live as healthy as you can. Rooting for you!

Jamie