Reply To: Getting sick after GBS

February 21, 2017 at 8:45 am

I can relate to what you are feeling regarding loss of hope. However our friend Jim Is absolutely correct in stating you are still in the early stages and have a chance of a full recovery! I was diagnosed with GBS in December of 2014. Unfortunately, I had been sick since September of 2014. Because of the delay in my treatment, my neurologist has told me I may never regain the distal nerve damage that occurred due to lack of initial IVIG treatments. This disease has taken away everything that is important to me. I have been a seamstress for 30 years but my hands no longer work for me. I was always outside walking or riding my bike but no longer. Every day I hope I will feel more energy ,less pain and depression. I take comfort in the many angels around me, the fact that I am no longer in a wheelchair and most days are tolerable. Please keep on hoping and find comfort in those around you. I have recently gone Vegan and it has helped my inflammation. My sister is an acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist. She believes there is a root cause to any illness so we are still trying to figure out what mine is and fix it! Never stop trying!