Reply To: Solumedrol treatment caused weakness?

December 17, 2016 at 5:42 pm

First, many thanks to jk for the links and all the good information. It took me a while to go through it, and try to make sense of it. The most recent diagnosis was “the same mechanism as GBS, but caused by trauma”. After the two solumedrol treatment weeks I was infused with IVIG at 1 g/kg and I believe 150 mg of solumedrol as a buffer. That was two weeks ago and no improvement so far to speak of. I’m going back to see the Dr. on Monday, and am hoping to get more information on what he thinks I have, and if we can change the IVIG dosage for the next infusion treatment which is scheduled for Wednesday. I noted in the video that the Dr. there recommends 2 g/kg for the loading dose, so it seems like I need an increase for my 2nd treatment to make up for it, but I’m not sure how much may have dissipated or if I need to assume nothing was accomplished with it and move up to 2.0. I need to move the needle soon as we now have snow, and I’ve had a couple falls trying to use walking sticks. Not much fun falling when you can’t get up without something to grab on to. Thanks again for the good information.