Reply To: Miller Fisher – Double Vision worsening!

November 20, 2016 at 6:48 am

I went to see a physical therapist who specialized in vestibular disorders and he gave me exercises to do with my eyes which corrected my double vision and balance disorders. It took about 4 to 6 weeks but it completely fixed my problems with this. He said that I had one eye that did not quite track with the other eye because of the damage to the nerve that controlled the muscles for turning my eyes. It apparently was enough to throw off my vision. When I looked around everything didn’t look right either. It’s like things just didn’t feel right spatially. At the time I wasn’t sure why but I could tell that the muscles were not working right in my face and my eye felt some delay when I tried to look at things. My primary doctor or neurologist at the time couldn’t see this from looking at my eyes but this PT had special glasses that he used to measure the turning of my eyes. Even the slightest delay can throw everything off but it can often be fixed with these exercises. He worked with me there and gave me exercises to practice at home. It was so simple to do and I wished someone had told me sooner because it was terrible to suffer with the double vision for so long when it could have been fixed sooner. I thought it would be better if I covered that eye but he said that it was better to work with the eyes to get them to work together better again and the brain to correct for the damage and adjust to fixing the problem. The eye doctor never could help me because he said that my eyes were fine but I guess it was good to rule out other issues. It was, however, the muscles around them the whole time. And glasses didn’t fix it because I tried that too.