Reply To: Miller Fisher – Double Vision worsening!

August 8, 2016 at 11:27 am

Hi, Tarhealing,

It sounds like you have a variant of GBS that is quite similar to my own. I was diagnosed with Miller Fisher GBS in March of 2000. My main symptoms were blurred, double vision, fatigue, tipsy balance. Long range residuals included double vision (so bad I had to wear a patch) which lasted for a year, no change. I received eye surgery at the USC Doheny Eye Center, which corrected my double vision for the most part and was quite a relief. My vestibular (inner ear) system on my right side was permanently affected, leaving me with a tinge of motion sickness and dizziness, along with bouts of vertigo. I go to balance therapy off and on, which seems to help.

The interesting thing about this is that, after a period of time, the brain seems to accept all of this, and i don’t think about it like I used to in the beginning months and years. This will all get better for you, trust me. It may not all resolve, but by the grace of God, will become “doable.” And for that I am grateful.

Please respond when it’s convenient, I’d like to know more details, and whether or not any of the above is similar to what you’re experienging.

Normison