Reply To: I don't know what to do.

September 4, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Thanks, you pretty much said the very best thing possible, so thank you. Even about the self-diagnosis, which is true even for people who have been in bed by themselves for a year.

So –I had the full monty. I had an emg, an ncs and I don’t know what an ncv is but I had sfemg and repstim.

Out of all of those approaches, by two doctors, the “abnormal” part reported was ” Voluntary contraction of the tibialis anterior and vastus lateralis elicited mildly polyphasic and complex motor unit potentials.” Going on to say that the conclusion drawn from that abnormality was “mild, subacute-chronic radiculopathy at L4 on the right.”

I believe every other Possible Thing was normal, although it was consistently only my right side that was tested because they were looking for only systemic abnormalities. SFEMG test of the neuromuscular junction via the right thingy thingy ( actually it was the nerve that connect to my middle finger and my wrist) on the right were righteously normal.

I don’t know. I AM OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I don’t know what it is but that wrong thing seems key, because despite all my Normal Tests my actual reality is HUGELY ABNORMAL. I pay my insurance out of my savings, I go see these crisp educated oblivious humans, they blow me off and collect more money, I shake and worry and Google my own personal atrocities from my bed because I have my karma just like everybody else and that is fine but for God’s sake there has to be some way to communicate to the Sickness System that I happen to be sick.