Reply To: IVIG reaction

April 1, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Something fishy with CIDP diagnosis (my own) if you ask me. In the time I was diagnosed with CIDP and 6 weeks after starting my infusions I had a C5 & C6 ACSF for Cervical Spinal Stenosis. I have 4 more infusions before (2xmonth for 6 months) I decided to stop. I simply feel it hasn’t offered me much, and the surgery has completely corrected my left side weakness. The only remaining issues is the polyneuropathy and short term memory issues. I just cannot find 2 Neurologist who agree or even come close to anything. Even the MRI Image where EVERYONE can see the compression of the spinal cord, they all had different opinions to what the outcome would be. For 2 years, they had me convinced I had COPD. The day after surgery I could walk normally, climb stairs without being winded and my Oxygen level is up from 94 – 95 and now 99 – 100%. Getting not to trust opinions so much.

As for the infusion itself, I have no real issues with it a little itchy, but no headaches, it just doesn’t seem to do much of anything for me. I just find it interesting how some Doctors are fixated on using it more interested then finding an actual cause. I guess it’s the path of least resistence for them. My brand is gamunex-c. Can I ask what symptoms your being treated for?