Reply To: My, this forum has slowed down since I was active…

GH
January 19, 2015 at 12:23 am

This is constructive criticism, so I don’t mean to implt that I think such criticism is unwelcome. I hope the new administrator reads these posts and considers your concerns and suggestions. It would be better if a forum were devoted to site issues, however.

The site could use a little work, but I suspect that they don’t have the resources to devote to it. I think they have been spreading their resources thin by implementing an alternative site in another place. Since I do not use the other environment, it might as well not exist, as far as I am concerned.

By “social networking” I mean more than merely the ability to have a conversation. People who are into social networking want features like private messages, “friends,” the ability to block the view of some members’ posts, and other junk in that vein. We had private messaging in the old site software and somebody used it to harass me. That crap doesn’t belong here. If you have something to say, say it openly.

It might be better if there were more participants here, but I suspect the low numbers just reflect the fact that most people with a medical disorder get their advice from their doctor, as they should. I rely on my doctors for medical information and advice, but come here regularly to try to help anyone who may have questions or concerns. True, there aren’t many here, but if I can provide a little help to someone now and then, I feel it is worth it.