Reply To: Does anyone deal with Cronic muscle pain, fatiuge and Limited activies?

November 28, 2014 at 8:26 pm

My three year anniversary will be on January 28, 2015. I still have some lingering paralysis on my right side, including my face. I still had hopes of at least my face returning to normal but after reading some of the comments in this thread, I’m a little discouraged about the possibility. Too bad, it really bugs me, doesn’t feel right. Still, I know I’m lucky.

The fatigue has much improved over the past six months or so. Not 100% better but getting really close. Same with muscle/nerve pain and muscle spasms in my hands. Only get them occasionally now. Same goes with the eye pain and blurry vision.

Re limited activities, same as above. When I’m tired, my leg and hand strength goes and my back hurts a bit. But let me stress – it is SOOOO much better than it was.

I don’t know how the heck you manage caring for such little ones while recovering. My hat goes off to you. I know you have little choice but GBS is hard enough when you are able to rest and recuperate. And GBS patients do a lot of that, normally. Do you have any support system, some friends or family who spell you for rest periods?

Getting it twice…you poor dear! Once is more than enough.

You know, this may not be your new normal. You haven’t had the chance to give your body what it needs to heal. The best may still be ahead.