Reply To: New to CIDP, brand new mom and only 37

October 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I am now 39 yrs old. I, myself was pregnant with twins in Nov 2011 and in Jan.2012 is when I started noticing sharp pains in big toe, then pains in feet and legs. progressively got worse. I am a hairdresser so it affecting my hand, they thought it was carpal tunnel. Then after delivering twins by c-section it all got much worse. I couldn’t do minor things with hands such as buttoning or snapping babies clothes. Balance was terrible. I went to neurologist in Aug 2012 had EMG testing done, then sent to neurologist where they said I had some form of GB or CIDP. Did 3 days of IVIg treatments twice. I’m not sure if that helped or just time passing. After 2 1/2 yrs later, balance is much better. I am back to work as a hairdresser. Use of hand is so much better but neuropathy pains in feet still hurt EVERY day. I even tried Gabepentin 300mg 3x a day, quit that because didn’t ease the pain. Overall I continue with my everyday activities just fine but like I said the neuropathy pain in feet is very aggravating.