Reply To: Does anyone deal with Cronic muscle pain, fatiuge and Limited activies?

October 1, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Hi~~I am 13 years post GBS and can only do so much each day. It is quite frustrating sometimes but I’m glad to have survived the hellish experience. I did have a mild relapse a little over a year ago that was preceded by gout in my left foot and dehydration. Thankfully, I was admitted to the hospital quickly and after being re-hydrated and filled with drugs, the symptoms and paralysis began to diminish. I have learned that this is my “new” normal and adjust my activities daily. My neurologist told me back in 2001 to “listen” to my body and rest when tired. Even if I just sit down and put my feet up for a little while helps. I can not imagine what life would be like with 2 toddlers to look after while my body is trying to recover from GBS. Bless your heart. I remember sleeping A LOT for about the first 2 years out of physical and occupational rehab. My best advice is to not yearn for what you were but to embrace what you have now and do the best you can each day. When you think you’re the sickest person in the world, you’re not. There are so many others worse off than you and this is just a speed bump in the road of life!! Take care!