I agree Drummer!

Anonymous
May 7, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I totally agree Drummer! This week was a doctor’s appt and next week is two! LOL! Money money and mo money! And they take our money and still don’t cure us! LOL~ Hugs
Linda H

I agree Drummer!

Anonymous
October 6, 2008 at 8:08 am

I agree Drummer! Not a good idea to be your own doctor and diagnosing yourself thinking this is what it is when in fact it might be something totally different. GBS can kill and so can many other diseases. And it certainly sounds like she is not getting better but getting worse! And she just does not see it yet. She will end up either not waking up one morning and be dead or landing in the ER later on with a massive attack on her nervous system and then might get a diagnoses but because of not getting the proper treatment from the beginning it may leave her in a vegetable state.
I don’t know if you all remember the Terry Schiavo story a while back about the Husband wanting to take her off of her tube feedings because she was vegatative and the family was trying to fight him because they claimed they saw her trying. But doctors did not agree either with the family and they did away with her feedings. Really sad story! Terry Schiavo was walking around with A Pernious Anemia and was never diagnosed for it! She needed B-12 but her body landed her having a massive stroke causing major damage. She ended up in a nursing home the rest of her years. Was in her early 30’s and a very beautiful woman before she had the stroke. Something that could have been prevented landed her in the ER with a massive stroke and then to a nursing home the rest of her life. Needless to say that their are thousands each year that have strokes and did not have a B-12 issue but just had a stroke, so we can never tell our fate! I may be sick and have alot of health issues with me but I value my life and when it comes to my life and health, I don’t care how far I have to travel or who I have to see to get treatment! I’m not going to suffer if I don’t have too! Even if I did not have healthcare or money, I would be trying my best to get treatment. I will even argue with the healthcare system and have done so in the past. Even told a few off! And I don’t care if it cost me $100,000.00… oh well! You get your money when I give it to you! I don’t care if I have to pay monthly payments! Treat me and get me better! If I can go for 5 years undiagnosed and seeing doctor after doctor over and over again and not giving up hope, then so can many others. It’s called keeping your hope and maybe getting lucky someday and seeing yourself get better! You lose that hope and you might as well start preparing for your funeral!
I may never see that day happen! But I want to live! I want to grow old and see my grandchildren grow up and my great-grandchildren born and I want to have some achievements in life. I was brought into this world for a reason and when I leave this world I want to say to the world that at least I achieved something in my life! I might be in a wheelchair doing it but I am not letting myself go until I know there is nothing anybody else can do! When a doctor tells me that there is nothing else they can do for me! I will except it. But they sure are not going to send me home with nothing to ease my pain and suffering. I don’t think so! And if I can.. knowing these are my last days I will fight to my very last breath! Maybe that’s while I’m still alive today! The cat with nine lives and still won’t give in! LOL! We tried giving her support and the best advice we could! It’s up to her now to decide her fate! I just hope she choose’s that fate wisely! Something I have learned after being sick all these years! Give yourself 2 reasons why you want to live on this earth. Could be your wife, your children. I choose my children back then and I wanted to see my son graduate from high-school and see my first grandchild! I got to see both happen! Then I had to find another reason why I wanted to live! I wanted to see my children’s weddings! Got two down and one to go! And then I already have another reason why I want to live! To see more grandbabies come along. As long as I keep my mind focused on these I might get lucky and see old age creeping in!