Valentine’s Day

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 11:19 am

On a lighter note: What do you have planned for your “significant other” or special person this coming Valentine’s Day? Even if you’re not in a relationship, there’s got to be someone that helps you through your day… ๐Ÿ˜‰

With all that my loving wife has had to endure these past few months, I wanted to make it something “special”…to show her I really appreciate her love and support.

This Valentine’s Day is our 30th together, if you count when we were dating (which I do…), so I’m [B][I]creating[/I][/B] a card for her. Gathering a lot of photo’s from the past 30 years, and trying to come up with some cute captions. Hope she likes it! ๐Ÿ˜€

What are your plans?

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Elmo,

I just wanted to congratulate you on being married 30 years, and I can see why, if you are so sweet to your wife. She is one lucky lady!! Hope you have a nice V day. I will be taking it easy since I am still in “early recovery”, (I hope) and spending time with my husband and 2 kids. (2 and 4). I suppose I should go get a card for my hubby now, for putting up with me! ๐Ÿ™‚ (all the tears and anxiety from GBS, poor man)

Jessica

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Big Congratulations on 30 years!! Your wife is going to love that gift!

Hope you and everyone else here, have a very happy Valentines day!:D

Lori

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Well I was boo hooing on facebook last night about the fact I wouldn’t be receiving any gifts this year (boyfriend isn’t sentimental) but I will be attending a singspiration at church in honour of a little girl in children’s hospital.

Then, i received a phone call this morning say I had won a contest that a radio station and a jewelry store had sponsored which I had signed up for and wrote an essay for. I was chosen out of over 500 entries.. I won a heart shaped diamond journey necklace and a trip for 2 to niagara falls with tickets to all the attractions. I could not believe it. I am soooo excited. I will find out more details next week on the trip but I go tomorrow to have the necklace presented to me. I think I have a year to take the trip so watch out..lol

I guess I got a valentine’s gift after all… ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2010 at 12:45 am

You must have written quite an essay, what a wonderful Valentine’s gift after all. Never been to Niagra Falls, looks like a neat place to visit…

I had no way to buy a card for hubby of 35 years, although I know when we were buying birthday cards for our children yesterday he snuck & bought one. Might suggest we go out to eat,, maybe tomorrow though, as Sunday everywhere will be too busy. We have a really candy store here in town that makes all of their own candy, he always used to buy me the HUGE box of varied chocolates, & the small ones for our children. I would eat that in 2-3 days, but I was skinny then so it didn’t matter. Now, since CIDP, steroids & immobility, I don’t get the chocolates anymore ):

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Hi Elmo,

We’re an unconventional couple and don’t live together. Due to his many responsibilities and my work schedule, especially lately, we have to schedule time together and will “officially” celebrate on Tuesday. We don’t let a day go by without expressing our love in some form or fashion. Sappy, yes…but the level of commitment and the love I’ve experienced in this relationship is a first ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m actually surprising him with a home cooked meal which will include some of his favorites. We’d planned to go shopping for a dining room set, however, my back may not cooperate and there’s no rush as I already have a set.

He surprised me on Friday; well, it was sort of a surprise as he mentioned the possibility Thursday night. He came by my office on Friday to drop off…..pain meds!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I did an odd little twist while dressing for work and pulled a muscle in my back. He wanted to make sure I could get through this weekend pain free as I’d run out of medication (yes, yes, we take some of the same meds).

Hope everyone enjoyed their day, regardless of how they chose to spend it.

Take care,

Tina