Topamax

Anonymous
April 24, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Hi Rob,

Glad the Lyrica is working for you or seems to be! I use to take Lyrica but now take Topamax for the pain in my legs. I changed for a couple of reasons one being price and one being the side effect of weight gain from the Lyrica. The Topamax seem to work ok for me and the price here in Australia is only $5 a month for me whereas the Lyrica was about $120/month. It is a real trial and error thing as what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another.

Best wishes
Debbie

Topamax

Anonymous
December 10, 2008 at 10:21 pm

I was prescribed Topamax for a seizure disorder. I couldn’t think, remember, and had trouble talking…a nightmare of a prescription! (I didn’t have any seizures though). I had to have the prescription changed to Tegretol.

Topamax

Anonymous
October 25, 2006 at 11:34 am

Why not try Topamax, Eva? Following the onset of GBS, I took Neurontin until Lyrica was approved for use. Then, I started taking Lyrica but within a few months I discovered that I was among the 25% of people who take Lyrica for whom the drug causes a dramatic appetite increase and subsequent weight gain. I told my neurologist about my weight gain and he suggested the switch to Topamax. Within five weeks, I’d lost the sixteen pounds I’d gained on Lyrica. With Topamax, the pain relief is comparable to Lyrica and there are no additional side affects.

Joe