2 in he morning with Legs Cramps and Muscle Weakness! Darn darn darn!

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2009 at 3:20 am

Good early morning family! Last night before going to be I got a leg cramp! Okay! One leg cramp I can deal with. But then when I went to sleep I have been awakened all night with terrible terrible leg cramps. Got up to go to the bathroom and the muscles in both legs are so weak feeling. They are sore feeling too and I have not been on my feet much at all this week. Hubby put me on bed rest!

And now both arms are feeling weak in the muscles too! God I wish for Monday to hurry up and get here! I can’t wait to see this doctor!

These cramps have bee painful too! Can’t even get a good nights sleep! I wonder what’s going on with me now! I hate having Luus and CIDP. For I can’t figure out which one is the culprit. It is the CIDP getting worse or is it Lupus attacking my muscles?

Wishing everybody a good day! Me! I will probably be sleeping or trying to sleep!
      Linda H

• June 5, 2009 at 9:46 am

Hi Linda,

Is it possible that you’re just not getting enough potassium?

Insufficient levels of potassium will cause the leg cramps you’ve been experiencing. Some meds tend to “leach” potassium out of your system rapidly. This is exactly the case with my wife, so she has to take potassium supplements.

Just a thought…

God bless!

Kevin (a.k.a. KHS730)

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Hi Kevin! I totally forgot about Potassium! And I am taking high doses of prednisone and that can sure do it! When I see my doctor on Monday I am going to ask him if he will check that out!
      I remember one time many years ago being low and they gave me some nasty stuff to drink! Yuk! But it raised the levels back up.
      I can’t remember if I was having cramps like this though. But will mention it on Monday! Thanks Kevin!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Linda,

You can also get leg cramps from being dehydrated.

Remember to drink extra water in this heat! 🙂

Rhonda

• Anonymous
      June 6, 2009 at 5:48 am

Hi Rhonda! Thanks for suggesting. I don’t think I am dehyrated though for I am constantly all day long drinking stuff. The meds I am on causes a dry mouth effect and I am guzzling fluids all day! I even keep fluids beside my bedside at night because I stay thirsty! Everywhere I go I keep a drink with me! LOL!
      Keeps me running for pee calls alot! ROFL! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 6, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Linda – Prednisone can cause muscle weakness & pains. Here is a link explaining it: [url]http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-9383-PREDNISONE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=6007&drugname=Prednisone+Oral[/url]

You can also eat foods that are high in potassium. Here is a link for foods that are high in potassium: [url]http://www.buzzle.com/articles/potassium-rich-foods-list-of-foods-high-in-potassium.html[/url]

Kelly

• Anonymous
      June 6, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Hi Kelly~ Thanks for the websites~ Am doing a little better today~ Took Flossies advice about those Lidoderm pain patches to my feet and hands last night and actually slept better! Might start using them more often~ Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 7, 2009 at 12:57 am

Linda,

Are you taking your Pred. in the morning, or spread throughout the day? I learned a good trick early on, Take it all in the morning with appropriate food of course. It will let you sleep better, you won’t be quite as hopped up at night.

Good luck,

Dick S

• Anonymous
      June 7, 2009 at 7:02 am

Hi Dick S! I take my Prednisone early in the morning with my breakfast! By the time the evening comes around I end up suffering. Whayever this is I guess I will just have to wait it out until Monday! We have to be there tomorrow at 8 in the morning. Yuk! I have to get up at 5 so we can be there on time.
      I finally did get some sleep last night but when I wooke up this morning both legs felt like jelly and weak as a pea! Old southern slang! LOL!
      This morning I am going to check out all my medications and see if any of them are causing this. Quite possible since I have had a gew added on! I barely did anything yesterday and have sore weak muscles! Very sore!
      Maybe tomorrow I will have some answers! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2009 at 1:16 am

1 more sleep Linda

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2009 at 3:35 am

Another morning of being up at 2 and boy was last night horrible! Slept with my carpul tunnel splints and my feet elevated two feet in the air. Now it is 3 in the morning and I might as well go ahead and get my bath and get ready! Was having to get up at 5 and two hours does not make much of a difference!

5 more hours to go before I see this doctor! YEAHHHHHHH!
      Hugs
      Linda H