I had a birthday *LOL*

• November 15, 2007 at 7:04 pm

Im now 1 year old gbs, I found it out in my gym, I was asked when this had happen and yea it was 13 of november 2006.. so I came home and nobody wanted to celebrate with me, I was told it was not to celebrate with tears in eyes, it had been horrible time, well it is over now and Im here and walking and talking what more can you ask for was my answere, maby I take it lightly when I talk to others becouse I think and belive that I was very lucky to be here and with my family. Well we all think diffrent about this time, and I only thought of survive this thing, and smile becouse that have always got me on the bright side of life if I have had some trouble. And here Im and love you all you are my family that I can talk about those things with that nobody else understand, that have not have our speacal GBS.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Wow, a whole year! It is a milestone for sure. Just think how far you have come! Just keep doing what you are doing….Gabrielle

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Helga I am older than you it was two years for me on November 6th. It has been an interesting two years with highs and lows. Fears and tears too! I am glad that you are here celebrating with me! (((Hugs)))

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Helga, Happy GBS Anniversary!!!!:) I can’t believe its been a whole year! You are doing Great Young Lady!!:D Keep up the Great Attitude and progress! and don’t forget your Naps also!;) HUGS!!!

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2007 at 9:23 am

Yeah! I’ll celebrate with you. Yes, your GBS family does understand this kind of celebration. You go Girl!!:D

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2007 at 10:28 am

We know what these dates mean, maybe only we can truly understand the life altering changes after GBS or CIDP. I am over 5 1/2 years out from CIDP, left with some pretty bad residuals, but I do celebrate the fact that I am still here for my loved ones (I hope they all feel the same, LOL!) So Happy Birthday to you & Congrats on your progress..
      Blessings, Pam

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2007 at 6:42 pm

Can’t say I am celebrating, but I just passed my 3rd anniversary with GBS. Sure makes you look back and, unfortunately, relive those long days in the hospital and rehab when you have an anniversary date. The good news is, we’ve all found others who understand and share our feelings.

Maybe we should all go to the Tavern tonight and see what they are serving for our anniversaries.