Happy Birthday to Me

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 7:48 pm

Hi Guys,
      Just thought I would share my adventure on my 44th birthday. I am the only girl of six children. Needless to say I have five brothers. On sunday (my birthday the 10th) My brothers decided to all meet at my moms house and take 4 wheelers and motorcycles and ride trails. Now I have ridden a couple of times with my mom and we go on leisurely rides thru the fields and on the straight flat trails. But, the boys decided they were going TRAIL riding and I’m like oh I can do this. So, several of us took off and even my little 8 year old niece was on a quad riding. I followed her thinking she would be the easy one to follow…ha ha no such luck, i should have known since she races 4 wheelers. Anyway, we rode for about an hour and I made it up and down all the hills and holes and trees and you name it…I was scared to death but I did it. So, it was time to come back and i thought, piece a cake, i made it out so i can surely make it back. Well as luck would have it I rolled the quad sideways on a bank and it dumped me into a dry creek bed. My head bounced off the rocks a couple of times and everything else just crashed. I felt like i had been hit by a truck. Thank god my brothers had made me wear a helmet and chest protector. The only thing hurt was my right arm, wich is pretty cut up and scraped up and bruises everywhere. However, if I hadn’t had on the protective gear I would hate to thing where I would be right now. I can laugh about it now even though it still hurts to walk. I guess birthdays are meant to memorable.:D

Take care and have fun…don’t let life pass you by.

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 10:22 pm

yikes ! That’s quite the story.
      I’m glad you are ok and glad you didnt pass up the oppurtunity to have such fun. Happy Belated Birthday.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 10:59 pm

[CENTER][IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/660/fourwheelerjv2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Blue”]Happy Birthday. I sounds like this is one you will not forget. Next time see if they have one with a roll bar and a five point safety harness[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2007 at 1:15 am

LOL..thanks guys…

Jim if they make one let me know…but i think it’s called a race car…oh boy let me at em.

Sherry:p

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2007 at 8:58 am

Happy birthday!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm birthday cake!!!

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2007 at 1:19 pm

Happy birthday Sherry, hope you have a great day.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Oh Sherry, that is hilarious. I am glad we can laugh with you and that you did not get seriously hurt. I love your attitude and you tried. That is very admirable. I don’t know if I would have been as brave as you. Now you have a wonderful fun memory of your 44th birthday!

Happy Belated!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2007 at 10:09 pm

[SIZE=”6″]Happy Birthday Sherry. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Hi everyone
      Thanks for all the well wishes..it definitely is a birthday I will remember. My daughter turned 21 on the 17th exactly one week after me. So, she was home for a few days and that was great to see her and visit with her. Unfortunately on Monday my little dog stormy, passed away. He was approx 14 years old and my best buddy. I was so upset. I cried for hours and just have wiped myself out pretty much for a couple of days. It is unbelievable how residuals flare up when something stressful like this happens. I will miss him so much. He even came to visit me while I was in the rehab unit at the hospital. He sat with me in my wheelchair. I will always miss him.

Thanks again guys.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 11:31 pm

[COLOR=red]HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Sherry, Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY OR IS THAT CRASH DAY? I think I will skip that kind of ride on my Birthday next year. I am glad you are acting your age and having fun! If you want a ride in a race car next year let me know! We go to the races each Friday to support my Brother in his hobby. He has had some really bad crashes, but can now can talk about being life flighted from the track, which he does not remember. He has not been able to laugh about them yet but that will come! We have laughed about our great trips on the snowmobiles. If you want to try that next birthday we need to find a place that has snow in June! From now on don’t have normal birthdays! How about a ride on a wave runner?

• Anonymous
      June 27, 2007 at 8:54 pm

hi kit,
      i am up for any of those things. i would love to ride in a race car, even though i don’t watch races on tv i would like to drive one..unfortunately my family tells me i drive to fast. a snow mobile sounds great and a wave runner even better. just let me know when and where..i’ll save up my cans so i can afford the trip (lol). of course we can’t tell my family.

thanks all

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Good to read your birthday adventure. So you have been experiencing mix of emotions from fun/pleasure to sorrow in last 10 days.

Take care