Prayers Going Out To..

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 1:47 pm

My Prayers are going out to All those students and their Families from the Virginia Tech Shootings. And Especially to My Dr freind who Teaches there. God Bless!

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 2:01 pm

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this on the internet. So sad…

Yes, Cheryl, I’ll join you in prayers to everyone there.

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 2:03 pm

[B]I will join you Cheryl, such sadness in the world.

Prayers going out to the families and for your friend.[/B]

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 4:39 pm

What heartache. . . My prayers are included.

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 4:54 pm

indeed. Mine as well.

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 10:17 pm

I’m praying too.

Pallas.

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 11:26 pm

[COLOR=red]Prayers from me and Andrea too[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Praying for all involved and all those who will be affected by it.My heart goes out to those parents especially.

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 11:59 pm

I agree…add my prayers also for the friends and families of those that parrished in this senseless attack. Hold each one of those persons that were wounded very tightly in your thoughts and prayers. Especially to the friends and family of Hilary Strollo (PRHS2006) who was wounded. I hope you have a speedy recovery! You have many people in Pennsylvania that are worried about you and your fellow students at VA TECH!

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 8:31 am

This whole thing is crazy what is wrong with people?????????? I send all my thoughts and prayers to the family,friends and workers at VA Tech. May God shine over you all and help you get through this horrible ordeal. God bess and know you are all loved.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 11:27 am

my thoughts and prayers are with everyone also!!! there are some SICK people out there.. and this reminds me of How lucky I am to be here. May God give the families, friends, faculty and students they strength to carry on and continue with their mission in life. 😎 🙁

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 11:38 am

Thoughts and prayers to the families and students who must go on! May there be strength from one another at VA Tech.:o

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 12:46 pm

Everytime the phone rings, or my email comes in, I worry that it may be a friend of ours letting us know that one of the kids we know has been injured or killed at VA tech. Many of our local school graduates attend VA tech and it is a much sought after school specially since it is ‘down the road’. A neighbors daughter is struggling to cope as her RA from last year apparently was the first victim, and I am struggling to take all this in. The shooter lived 15 mins from our house, and I am trying to phathom why it makes me feel a little guilty, what a strange way to feel 😡 . At this point, the magnitude is still too difficult for me to comprehend, almost a denial of sorts. How do parents grieve the loss of a son or daughter, and how do parents grieve and come to terms with the fact that their child killed themselves AND was the cause of something like this? These promising future leaders of our country killed in such a sensless and horrific tragedy.

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2007 at 10:04 am

It is really hard to grasp, Ali. I can’t imagine what those Families and Students are going through. This tragedy has hit close to home also, Kevin Granata was from my area, he was a well liked Man, Husband and Father. God Bless Kevin and His Family.

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2007 at 2:23 pm

This is an email we recieved from one of our church members. What a wonderful testimony of faith.

[FONT=Arial][quote]
      [FONT=Arial]Dear Family and Friends,[/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]All of us were caught off guard as a national tragedy struck my new found home this morning. I can give you a small recap of what I personally went through today. This morning I left for class at 8:50 after checking my email and receiving nothing alarming for the day. I had a 9:05 class on the academic side of campus and proceeded to go to class. Upon arriving to class, about half the class was there, and there was small talk about a shooting in the dorm right across from mine. I was worried, but felt safer away from the dorms. We were released from my nutrition class at 9:55 and were about 5 buildings away from Norris Hall (where the massacre took place). As we walked outside towards the drill field, (middle of campus) , closer to campus, we were demanded to get inside the nearest building. For me, that building was named Pamplin Hall, the business building. Between Norris Hall and Pamplin was one single building, the hallmark of VT- Buruss Hall, so I was no where near comfortable being in this hall as the rest of the shootings were taking place. We were all told to get inside middle classrooms without windows and we had the television on watching what was happening 2 buildings away from us. I called my dad and let him know what was going on, and let him know that I was safe as far as I knew. We were released from Pamplin Hall at approx. 12:15 pm and I returned back to my dorm room as quickly as I could. By 1pm all of my friends and teammates are accounted for. I know a friend of a friend that was shot in the arm, but he is alright. I’m sure as names start to be given out, I will be hit some more. Tomorrow I am attending a candle light service at 8am on our drill field and then a convocation ceremony in our basketball stadium at 2pm. If classes get cancelled for the rest of the week as well as swim practice, I will most likely be coming home until classes start up again. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]I came to Virginia Tech because of its laid back, low key, beautiful atmosphere. This is no where near normal for Virginia Tech or Blacksburg, VA and am shaken as this occurred this morning. I am thankful for all the calls, emails, and texts messages that my family and I got throughout the day today. Today we are all Hokies, and I am so grateful for the friends I have that are constantly supporting me, no matter what the situation. I thank God that I am safe and sound, and that I am able to comfort those peers around me that are also grieving about this incident. I know There’s a reason God called me here last fall and am sure over the next few days I will find many instances that assure me of this. As we continue through this let us remember that we are not guaranteed tomorrow and that we should be grateful for everything that we have been given. I’m sure so many of you have questions, feel free to use this email address as a means to contact me. I may not be able to respond very quickly but will try my best to get back to everyone in a timely fashion. Feel free to send this on to friends if they have questions and you think this email may help clarify what happened here at Virginia Tech. I ask that you keep praying as this will be a long recovery process for the whole nation. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]Thanks for your constant prayers and concern and may we always remember- [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]If God is on our side ,Who can be against us? If God is on our side-We won’t be afraid. [/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]God Bless,[/FONT]
      [FONT=Arial]Sarah Ameen [/FONT]
      [/quote][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2007 at 10:15 pm

Ali, Thank You for sharing that well written letter.