More tests!

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 2:50 pm

I had a reoccurrence of symptoms in January or perhaps just a bad case of residuals acting up – anyway I visited with my neuros they decided to do more tests. So I had another MRI of the brain with and without contrast, a visual evoked response test and somotosensory tests of arms and legs. Yesterday I got the results. Brain is fine. Visual test was good, somotosensory for arms ok, somotsensory for legs not ok. So now I get to have more MRI of cervical and thorasic spine to rule out lesions on the spine. I’m glad they are doing the tests and not just saying – oh it is just residuals – but I am a bit worried. Neuro said if lesions are present it could be that the episode I had last March may not actually have been GBS/MFS. I also had follow up with the neuro opthomologist recently. He says I have optic nerve pallor. I still have some eyelid drooping and double vision it parts of my vision.

I got sick this time last year. Feb 26, Throwing up, felt like death and then on March 8 I started the with the first emergency room. After all of that I thought for sure at this point in time things would be better. The body works in mysterious ways. I don’t trust it right now!

Michelle

• February 28, 2007 at 6:13 pm

Hi Michelle,
      How do you know if it is GBS or CIDP? What makes you think that is fatigue? I am going through the same dilema with my son and I as well as the doctors are debating if this is residual or CIDP.
      Thanks,
      Dawn