golfer

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 9:50 am

I am new to the site and still am not sure what I am doing or how to do it. I came down with GBS/Miller Fisher on 12/16/05 and never being sick did not know what hit me. One day your are fine the next day you are becoming paralized. Everyone out there knows what I am talking about, all different types but all in the same boat with this crazy thing. Anyway I decided to go back to work on May 1, 2006. I work as an exercise trainer at our local YMCA and have been there for 24 years. I felt funny going back with a funny looking eye and crooked mouth but everyone was so great and treated me wonderful and it made things so much easier. I only work part time but started out with less hours as after a few hours my mouth was tired from talking and eyes also. Sometime when my mouth gets tired certain words are hard to say. But all in all GOD was wonderful and all prayers helped me out. I am an avid golfer and was back out on the course with an eye patch and off balance but all my friends gave me a great deal of support. You can do it, it’s never easy but you have to do one thing and that is TRY. Even if it’s small it all counts. I have learned the work patience since GBS/MF and patience is something I had very little of. Now I have a lot of it. Love to hear your success stories and keep fighting.

Phyllis the golfer

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2007 at 11:45 am

Congratulations! and welcome to “The Family” 🙂 Those of us still struggling, some after many years, need to hear of the successes of our family members. Thank you for sharing.