new place to raise money for GBS/CIDP

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2007 at 3:12 pm

there is a new place that you can make donations to our cause and maybe raise some great awareness to this disease we have. it is at kevin bacons sight six degrees . org i think this might really become a great way for all of us to get the word out and get some donations for rearch and even maybe help people afflicted with this that or finacially disabled also.

• Anonymous
      January 24, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Sorry, but I for one will not give to any charity that I don’t know. You can donate money here.

I also received that same e-mail from Kevin Bacon way to many times. Just don’t trust it at all.

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 7:34 am

Boy, I agree with you 100% Brandy!!!!!:) 🙂
      There is WAY too many offers of “give me” donations out there……to who, to what, and what are your credentials??? Too easy for anyone to open or offer a “donation” that is questionable. Just my opinion. 😉

P

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 9:59 am

As far as making contributions through a third party, please be aware that there is usually a hidden fee attached so be careful. In other words, we received a donation this week for $16 from an organization – similar to Kevin Bacon’s – that took $4 for itself. If you want ALL your contribution to go to the charity of your choice, I recommend you give directly to the charity.

We are very grateful for every penny we receive and send a thank you letter for the amount we actually receive – which can then be used for tax purposes.

Barbara Katzman
      Executive Director
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2007 at 10:55 am

that is why i posted here just thought that that would be another place for people to ask for donations for this site. I am glad you all let me know what was up I will continue to try and with the help of all of you we will get there thank you and no logging on to that site for help thank you again