Personality changes post illness?

• February 11, 2020 at 3:10 pm

This whole gbs/cidp experience was like a Dante’s Inferno experience for me. I actually got a very bad feeling off and on for several weeks before I got “clobbered” physically by the disease. Like doom approaching.
      Now 14 months post, I feel mentally reinvigorated, but I can barely walk a mile.
      It sounds crazy, but I am actually glad I went thru this. I was kind of mentally walking down the wrong path, and now I’ve “found my way again” type of thing?

Just curious if any one else had any epiphanies with their illness?

• February 12, 2020 at 8:38 am

I would say that this disease has made me rethink life in general, who I am, and my priorities. Since getting sick my mantra has been to life for today and fight for tomorrow. Prior to getting ill I would always be looking into the future which I do much, much less. I now take it minute by minute and day by day. I appreciate the small things much more and don’t worry about what the future holds. So I guess I would say this has been an epiphany for me as well.

• April 17, 2020 at 2:49 pm

I have to admit my wife popped my bubble stating that cancer survivors go thru something similar?