Spontaneous Blood Spots Under Skin

• May 21, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Okay, maybe this sounds odd but I’ve only had this symptom since getting GBS. I will spontaneously break out in blood spots (don’t know what else to call them), always in the same places on my hands. Mostly, it is at a place where I know my muscles are the weakest and have yet to fully recover. Typically, it’s only one or two at a time and they most closely resemble blood blisters but there is no raised area, it’s beneath the skin.

I’ve actually watched these things grow from nothing before my eyes. Takes anywhere from a few days to a week and a half to go away.

I asked my doctor about them (showed him) and all he said was that he didn’t know what it was but didn’t think it was serious. I don’t think it’s too serious either (probably) but I’d still like to know what they are and if there is a way to stop them from happening.

Like I said, I only started getting these after GBS. So, I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. If so, do you have info?

Thanks,
      Shirley

• May 22, 2015 at 11:55 am

Do not think you are crazy. I keep showing my husband these spots over and over, all on the arms. I even tried to cover with hand makeup!Makes me feel like an old lady with age spots !

• May 23, 2015 at 7:49 am

@MacKay1, thank-you for speaking up! I hadn’t heard (read) of this happening to anyone else (misery loves company :)). Also, didn’t know what to call them…still don’t.

I hate them for the same reason – they age my hands about 20 years.

Have you showed any medical professionals and did any of them know what it is? My uneducated assumption is that it is a weakness in a blood vessel or artery wall….BUT….how would GBS cause that to happen?