Yay, been officially discharged from hospital

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2007 at 7:10 am

Had my first follow up appt back at hospital to see the neuro-consultants and they’re really happy with the way my recovery is going and I’m on my own now – awesome feeling.

I went back to ICU and Neuro-Rehab to say hello to the staff and thank them again because they hadn’t seen me since I was discharged 8 mths earlier and they hardly recognised me which was hardcase. They couldn’t believe how far I’ve come and they were over the moon which was nice. It was quite overwhelming and ICU in particular really appreciated it because like they say 99% of their patients aren’t conscious and never come back to see them so they never see the end result. I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the team at ICU, I was there for 21/2 mths and really bonded with them and if it wasn’t for them and the machines I wouldn’t be here. Just thought I’d share 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2007 at 8:10 am

Niki,

It is good to hear success stories. Yours is great. Wish you much success in continued progress.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 7:03 am

Niki,

Congratulations! How thoughtful of you to go back to talk to the medical staff. My wife is a nurse and often wonders the results of patients. Most med staffs truly care- after all, they’re not getting filthy rich doing their job.

From another post I started that you responded to, I hope to hear that a future step for you will be going back to school. Until then, I pray for a continuing recovery for you.

Dennis

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 9:09 am

It is great to hear happy stories. It keeps me hopeful about a good recovery for my daughter.
      All the best to you!

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2007 at 12:13 am

Congrats Niki, I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.

Jerimy