wow magnesium difficiency symptoms

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2010 at 7:59 pm

http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm
      ultimately you still have to ask why magnesium and D deficiencies and only when the whys stop only then can correlation equal causation. but I feel hopeful with this because even if i dont get a diagnosis, I have some small adjustments that can make to make things better.
      to do list
      get rid of H pylori somehow since I have had a total of 4 different antibiotic reactions.
      get D up
      get magnesium up under a doctors advisment of corse.
      once again disautonomia is not always an autoimmune nervous thing, it can be metabolic.

• February 5, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Hi Tara,
      What is the magnesium thing about? I forgot, have you had ivig? If so, the immunol. told us we would test + for h-pylori because of it. I too have yesyed positive and did two rounds of the prev pak of course followed by diflucan because of the antibiotics. I probably did not need the second round because apparently you have to wait a minimum of six months to retest. As you have probably figured out by now, I am on this psycho quest with the Leaky Gut thing, you should check it out. It causes issues with malabsorption (vit min deficiencies) fevers, sweating, intense stomach issues, weakness etc. Candida could be the cause from antibiotic use. Also, no clue if it means anything, but I was thinking about Alice’s protocol and I remember she mentioned they treated for fungus. I don’t remember the specifics, but it made me wonder if they think fungus could be the trigger for cidp and want to make sure she had none. Just my mom ideas, not sure what they are worth!! Kevie is going through a 3 day stool sample right now, so no supplements or aleve etc. But as soon as he is done, I am going to get back on the band wagon with the Vit D. We have not been doing it daily. What is the magnesium about?
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2010 at 12:18 am

yeah no I have had pherisis but not IVIG. check out the link. I have to wonder with my dysautonomia is metabolic? I am having an endoscopy tomorrow so we will see what the deal is with my gut. The rules have changed on my neuropathy now instead of ascending paralysis it is rapid motor diaturbances that spread up to my face and chest. it came with a really stiff neck. I pray that it is myasthenia gravis and not central motor like doctor sahagian suspects. I dont even want to know anything about ALS but i doubt it comes relapse remitting. magnesium is a BIG deal.

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2010 at 10:39 am

[QUOTE=tara74]http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm
      ultimately you still have to ask why magnesium and D deficiencies and only when the whys stop only then can correlation equal causation. but I feel hopeful with this because even if i dont get a diagnosis, I have some small adjustments that can make to make things better.
      to do list
      get rid of H pylori somehow since I have had a total of 4 different antibiotic reactions.
      get D up
      get magnesium up under a doctors advisment of corse.
      once again disautonomia is not always an autoimmune nervous thing, it can be metabolic.[/QUOTE]

Well magnesium is responsible for over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body however i’ve never read about any connection with low magnesium and CIDPALS, Multiple Sclerosis etc. As for your H Pylori i’ve read that Green Tea, Garlic and Probiotics are all good for that as you might want to research about those more and see what you think etc. 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2010 at 1:52 pm

as you read in the article that it is difficult to test for. my magnesium reads normal read the article again and see how hard it is to detect. and yes msers are always talking about it. it was an MSer/pyloric/nutritionist who I have been coresponding with who gave me this link. th CCSVIers are always talking about it too. what is at the root of venous insufficiency?

• February 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Tara,
      I read the article you supplied, it is amazing how all of these things react together!! I will ask the reg doc and the natrop. about it. I am a little nervous about the mention of the kidneys being that we get ivig. This supplement regimen is so hard to figure out, knowing what you need to take so that something else can be absorbed!! It just seems like the answers are staring us right in the face and we just can’t quite figure things out!
      Dawn