women’s medical study

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 9:04 am

Have any of you been contacted to answer a survey or participate in any way in the GBS women’s health study? It’s been announced in the last two news letters.

I sent the foundation an e-mail letting them know I wanted to participate but haven’t been contacted. I was wondering if any of you have heard anything.

Ah, women only please 🙂 thanks.

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 10:21 am

Hello:

Thank you for your continuing interest in the Woman’s Survey. We are still in the process of collecting names and addresses. The researcher has not sent out the survey as yet and it may still be some time until he does.

Barbara Katzman
      Executive Director
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 10:33 am

Thanks for your prompt reply Barbara. That’s good to know. I just didn’t want to miss an opportunity and I think this study has great potential so I defineately want to participate in it–not to mention learn about it’s findings.

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 1:05 pm

I too would love to participate in the women’s medical study. I have been a member since May and I only received 1 newsletter. Are we supposed to receive them once a month?

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2007 at 1:13 pm

Tracy I think the newsletters are quarterly. Check the newsletter for an announcement about the study, it’s towards the back. There’s a phone number and an e-mail address that you can contact to be included in the study. Or you might just send Barbara an e-mail, see her post on this thread, she may be able to direct you to the correct person if you can’t find it in the newsletter.

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2007 at 9:36 am

I submitted my info too for a survey. I am always ready to help research/study of GBS in any way!! 🙂