Why Can’t We Call Doctors????????????

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 1:37 am

Dear all i had an idea while i was going through our forum…………..i.e why cant we ask some of our doctors (who are willing) to answer our questions in our forum.

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 10:13 am

[QUOTE=sridharareddy]Dear all i had an idea while i was going through our forum…………..i.e why cant we ask some of our doctors (who are willing) to answer our questions in our forum.[/QUOTE]

[B]Great idea if you can get doctors to give their time and work for free by answering questions. To be quite honest there are a lot of drs who could learn from the “Pros” meaning all the people here.I also feel that it could become overwhelming if a Dr or Drs decided to do this. They could hold themselves up for law suits if they give the wrong answer to someone. [/B]

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2007 at 10:34 am

Dear Sriharrareddy:

I am assuming that you are already being treated by a doctor and that you already have someone who can answer your medical questions. I hope this forum provides information from the other side of the stethescope. Knowing how to diagnose and treat GBS is one thing, but learning how to live with GBS is something altogether different.

Lee

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 1:07 am

My dear Lee thats true but most doctors dont give answers to all our questions, i my self found and learnt most of the things from our forum only, may be this is the situation in our place thats why i had the idea………..

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 5:13 am

Lee and Donna have idetified the two main points, especially the medico-legal aspect. You may have noticed that in the five years I have been contributing to the forum, I have avoided telling people what they should do except when I advise a person to see a doctor.
      As Lee points out, diagnosing and managing a disease process is very different from the experience of living with it as I know from experience of both.
      The other point is that a guest doctor really cannot comment accurately without the full clinical history,the results of his/her examination and a view of all the investigations. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 6:31 am

Nice to see you back Doc David I hope your daughter is feeling better. Keep us posted if you can 🙂

You are great Doc David about making understand stuff we don’t know and giving us the ammunition to ask certain question to our DRs when we are confuse and not sure where to go.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 7:38 pm

I much rather see someone like Doc Dave explain things in way I can understand. I really don’t think I would be very comfortable with an on-line diagnoses.

I think the strength in this forum is the ability to ask others who suffer from similar problems for their advice, prayers and companionship.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2007 at 10:12 pm

I agree the wonderful thing about the forum is the accumulated knowledge of people who have lived the disease and the support we get from each other. I have learned more here and with my personal research than from my doctors. It is hard to give a lot of info without the benefit of all the history and without the hands on exam. I read the the comments on the forum and rarely have anything to add-its usually pretty well covered. I’m 5 months out and learning. I would be glad to help when I can, but there are so many people with more experience. Hanging in there! Dr. Shawn