Where to post

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 5:40 pm

I had to laugh at myself, sitting in a hotel room with hubby the night before brain surgery…And here I am, checking to see how everybody is doing. I was going to post in the Tavern and ask for a good stiff drink, then I thought, “no” I need to ask for prayers in that thread. Then I got checking on people and had to respond to a few…
      So here’s the deal. I think I mentioned it earlier. What I thought was GBS residuals is that, along with Chiari 1 Malformation.
      I had surgery scheduled for Nov. 7th and got a call yesterday that it has been moved to tomorrow. YIKES! Better that there is less time to sit and worry.
      So I probably won’t be around for a while. Any extra prayers are appreciated and for the gang at the ‘Tavern’ have a few for me.

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Hey JayDee, I’m sending you a good/strong hug, prayers and best wishes for a successful surgey and quick recovery. Can you have someone send us updates? We will be worried about you. Take care 🙂

• October 8, 2008 at 6:04 pm

oh Jaydee here is a big hug for ya! I sure hope this gives you the relief you deserve and need. Prayers and please have someone keep us informed if you are unable to okay?

[COLOR=”Navy”][B]HUG!!!![/B][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Big hugs coming your way and I hope this surgery goes well! Hugs

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 8:05 pm

My prayers are with you. I will have my church start a prayer chain for you. God Bless

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 8:37 pm

JayDee,

Well on the one hand I am glad you got in early and now you don’t need to worry. But surgery is never an easy ordeal, so I am sending prayers your ways and a huge hug. Hopefully you find a way to get word to us that you are okay. God Bless.

Janet

• October 8, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Prayers, best wishes and a quick recovery, sent your way.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 10:11 pm

You do have us all on your side. Thoughs and prayers are being sent all thru the day as your message is read. More and more will say a little prayer but might not send you a reply! When you are ready for the tavern let us know I will stop buy and fill up all the bowls with pretzels and peanuts! Take care and have a quick recovery! By the way if you smile at the nurses they are nicer to you! But it will not stop them from visiting you at all times of night! Get home soon so you can get your rest!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 1:21 am

I will prayer for you daily Jay Dee. Good luck and as soon as you are up to it let us know how you are doing. God Bless you.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 7:34 am

Yikes!!… is right my friend. To have it moved up like that….

My very best wishes to you with a speedy recovery and successful operation.
      Like others have said, I hope we can somehow stay updated.

Prayers for you …….

talk to you soon,

Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 8:37 am

JayDee,
      I’m praying for you this day as you go into surgery that it goes well for you and you will have a good recovery.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Jaydee,

You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you are back here, good as new very soon. We miss you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 12:41 am

Jaydee,

You are in my prayers. I hope you are back with us soon. The tavern crew will also keep you in their prayer as well as lift a glass to you.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 10:26 am

JayDee, today is the day after….praying this went well for you and you are progressing. We are all pulling for you…..

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 1:05 am

JayDee-hope all went well for your surgery. You are in my prayers and sending you a big hug.:) Write when you are able to, to let us know how you are doing.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 9:10 pm

Wow! My husband brought me the lap top and I am able to sit up for short periods of time. I had forgotten that I had posted this thread.
      You are all so amazing. Here I sit in my hospital room,alone, and I feel like I have so many friends surrounding me. It is so comforting.
      I sent my poor worried hubby to the hotel. I often think it’s harder on the caregivers.
      But here’s where I stand (or sit). The surgeon was very pleased with how the surgery went. It is called posterior fossa decompresion surgery. I’ll leave it to you and google if you are interested. I have an 8 in. long incision up the back of my head. GBS was very unhappy about this invasive procedure and the residuals kick into high gear. I had a wonderful team of Drs who were very aware of my history. So instead of going home I’m moving to rehab tomorrow. I’ll keep you all posted.
      Thanks to everyone of you for the thoughts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 9:37 pm

WOW I think we have all experienced a GROUP HUG! Make sure you pass it on to your darling caregiver! I know he is worried and not getting his proper sleep being in a hotel. Get home soon and then you both can rest better! Glad you got to catch up on all the big hugs we left for you! Now work on getting well soon! Don’t push too hard it will not speed up the recovery! Sounds like your team of Doctors have lots of respect for the GBS and are taking good care of you! Continue to listen to them and smile for the nurses they are the ones with the shots! 😮

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2008 at 10:52 pm

JayDee, I am so thankful things went well for you. It sounds like you are on the way to recovery and have a great team of drs. behind you. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. There are many of us here praying for you each day.

God Bless.

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Hi Jaydee,
      Can’t believe you are on here worrying about all of us. That just shows what a great person you are. Sending cyber hugs your way and to hubby too. Take care and stay strong.

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Thanks again,everyone. Didn’t get to go home as planned. Thanks to
      the GBS I’ve been moved to the Rehab floor. I know it is what I need to do, just wish it was closer to home. We set up a CarePage through the hospital which is a neat way of updating everyone.
      Sent my husband home for a break and to catch up. Plus they say my schedule will keep me occupied all day.
      My daughter is due with Grand baby #4 and both of us are pretty upset that I may not be there when the new baby arrives.
      So much for a pitty party…
      Hope all is well for all of you