What Jamie’s neuro had to say

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Went to my neuro yesterday after not seeing him for months. Remmeber, he couldnt do anything because i was pregnant? Well, this is he said…

My neuro agrees with my OB that the vicodin was being metabolized differently when i became pregnant. He said that even before that, my body was becoming tolerant of the med, and wanted more. Because i didnt take more than was prescribed, my body was freaking out.

Then, when i got pregnant, my body was absorbing even less of the med (about 70% of it), so that really ticked it off, putting it over the edge. That, apparently, is when i got really sick with the GBS-like symptoms.

The doc thinks my ordeal is over now. I thought so too, but was nervous to hear what he had to say. I was afraid my new-found health was too good to be true. Plus, he was going to be testing me for myasthenia gravis. But, he doesnt think that is necessary now cancelled the test. I have a sleep study in couple weeks and have to see him to review the results, then that might be it for me! I still dont have my gag reflex back, but thats no biggie.

I cant believe all of my prayers have been answered! When i was so sick, i would just drool on myself, cry, and beg God not to take me from my children. Now, he has given me so much more than that! All of my pain is gone, the electricity, everything! Im back to my old self, or even better!

Thanks to all of you for guiding me through this! You awesome!:cool:

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Jamie what wonderful news. Time to celebrate and enjoy your family! You have so much to look forward to….even the snow this year will be exciting to you and your new arrival. Take care….and good luck with all the tests. Be well my friend!

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Great news!!!!

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Congratulations Jamie. Always great to hear good news. Now just relax and enjoy..

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Oh what wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• September 11, 2008 at 3:50 pm

awesome news!!! I am incredibly happy for you Sweetie! May you continue to get better and have wonderful things in your life :):)

HUGS!
      Lori

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Our prayers were answered. What great news for you. I am so happy for you and your family………Cyber Mom Emma

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Thanks again to everyone for helping me with my illness and even more than that. you have helped me with work, husband, children, baby, labor and delivery, and so much more. i have no intention of leaving you folks now, just because things are looking up for me. I have to tell you its hard sharing such good news with you because i want it to be true for everyone. but i know you all are happy that one more person doesnt have to go through what you go through. I did it for seven months and it changed me life for the better, in the long run. Maybe this is the reason God chose for me to have baby Kai, since my pregnancy led to me having to stop taking the med and getting better. He has been such a blessing and all of this has brought me and my family closer together. I found me blessing – just took the long way around;)

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 8:10 am

Hi Jamie! I am so so happy for you and hope that you see a new life and a new beginning with many years of happiness. And you are right! Each person I see in here that get’s well and get’s better, I am grateful seeing that one more person get well.
      Nobody and I mean nobody diserves going through what we are going through. GBS or CIDP! You go girl!!! Enjoy your life now! Have fun and have fun with your new baby. But still be careful not to overdo now! When your body tells you to stop! You stop! A big hug!:D

• Anonymous
      September 12, 2008 at 9:39 am

thank you linda! i promise to be a good girl, and try not to overdo it! not sure how possible that is, though:confused: i did just take the day off yesterday, though:p I had cooked 2 dinners teh day before, so we ate leftovers. no laundry. barely cleaned anything:eek: then, this was my fun for the day…

last night, i went to my parents restaurant and worked doing dishes with a bunch of teenagers! we were sooooo goofy and had so mcuh fun! Plus, it was my younger sister and cousins that i was working with. With me being 31and them being teenagers, we had never worked there together i hadnt worked there in atleast 10 years! it was a cool way to connect with the “kids”. Loved it!!! plus, it gave me a few hours away from my munchkins! My step mom (the owner) was going to have to work open til close because my little cousin was off sick for the day. she needed a break from the restaurant and i needed a break from my boredom. worked out wonderfully for all of us!