what is aseptic meningitis

• March 15, 2007 at 11:12 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 9:00 am

Hi Dawn, in my last case of aseptic meningitis, i had a very high fever, severe painful vomiting, alot of body pain, a severe neck ache-with stiffness, a severe headache-worse one in my life. my lp showed a protein level of over 400, along with a couple other findings that i wasn’t told about. i came down with it right after receiving my second night of ivig. i am allergic to tylenol and benadryl so i can’t premed-although i did start a new medication just the day before-ultram-but my infectious disease dr said that probably didn’t do it-i’m still questioning that. hope that helps a bit. take care:)

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 1:53 pm

:confused: Hello was wonder if aseptic mennigitis is vomiting aches and fever? After my daughter had her first two IvIg infusions on the third day she was vomiting bile. She never mentioned having a fever and her pain has stayed the same since the onset of cidp. I was wondering if this was normal as her neuro says some people do vomit after IvIg. Or does she need to drink more fluids before her infusions?

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2007 at 3:13 pm

Aseptic Meningitisis an infection sometimes being bacterial or viral. It can also be the result from non-infectious causes, it is a relatively infrequent side effect of medications, with 2 weeks to recovery.

I do remember a few of our members here who developed it from their IVIG.

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 6:36 am

Double Brandy, sorry, no. Meningitis may be due to viral or bacterial infection. ASEPTC meningitis, is by definition not an infection but an irritant such as IVIG the cardinal feature of meningitis is the rigid stiff neck, if you put your hand under a childs head with meningitis you can raise them like a rigid board. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 10:05 pm

From what I have read from the Center For Disease Control here in the states it said that aseptic meningitis was an infection either viral or bacterial. I also stated that it can also be a non-infectious cause from some medications .

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Mason had the vomiting green bile when he first started IVIG. It went on for quite a few treatments. He would have dry heaves too. I had to increase fluids and give him Gas X during the treatments, and after. Gator aide has been good.

Just when I think I have the right cycle going, something changes in the equation. Just a little advise. Keep a record of everything. Name of meds, what brand name, what time, what she ate, drank. Mark the days it worked and when it did not. It will help in the future.

Trish

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 5:48 am

Donna, the very word asepsis means absence if sepsis ie; infection.. Look up asepsis in Google and write to the centre for disease control to correct their error. Doc David

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 9:40 am

[QUOTE=DavidBod]Donna, the very word asepsis means absence if sepsis ie; infection.. Look up asepsis in Google and write to the centre for disease control to correct their error. Doc David[/QUOTE]

I shall do so David, thank you.