What don’t kill you make you more strong?

• August 22, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I have been pushing myself more in the last two weeks and believe that in doing so I am getting better faster. For example, yesterday I mowed the entire lawn for the first time including trimming. After a quick rest I went to a friends for a corn roast. I was home early by 8 PM and was in a good deal of pain. I thought that I would wake up too sore to go downtown to pick up some recording equipment.

To my surprise I felt great this morning! And the more I think of it the more I believe that I am healing through these ‘feats of strength’ as I call them. I went to a concert last weekend and thought I would pay for it, but felt invigorated the next day. Ditto for the day after cleaning up the basement after a minor flood.

I understand that I have limitations. This was evident the other day when I tried to run after my cat. My brain said ‘run’ but the legs did not respond. It must have looked pretty funny because Lisa got a chuckle out of it.

Please respond with similar stories. Perhaps you felt the opposite after some vigorous activity? I purposely made the title of this thread a question because you may feel differently.

I’m off to chuck some bales of hay around;) :p I wish you all well in your ‘feats of strength’!:)

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2010 at 9:24 am

Praise the Lord! That’s wonderful! You’re healing! Thanks for sharing & keep us posted. I will continue praying for you.

smitty

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I’m glad that you are doing well. God Bless.

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2010 at 12:48 am

When I was at my worst, in a powerchair all day, I emailed a wise member of this Forum, Doc David (since deceased.) I asked him when or if I would ever walk again? He said simply, “When your nerves are healed.” It sounds to me like you probably had a classic case of GBS & when the nerves heal, you will be able to do what you did before. It also sounds like you have had a lot of nerve regeneration lately, so happy for you…

• August 24, 2010 at 8:50 am

Thanks Pam!

My neurologist. doctor and physio therapist also all mentioned to be ready for small jumps in progress. Seems those nerves kick-in as one small section of myelin will heal making the nerve work properly again, like an electrical wire…….whatever, I’ll take it!

best wishes for a pleasant day!