What are your monocytes, eosinophils numbers?

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2007 at 8:38 pm

Our doctor checks Dell’s blood very often, has been checking every week since we are going for a treatment each week.

He’s almost 3 and has been on solumedrol since December and has been doing ivig for 1-1/2.

The Monocytes and eosinophils are all bad stuff and they are always high. How do your numbers look?

Yesterday this is how the numbers looked:
      monocytes 11, normal 0-5
      eosinophils 13, normal 9-3

They are ALMOST always high.

Thanks Lori

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 4:45 am

Lori these results are not significant and have no relation to GBS. This is the picture of someone with allergic tendencies such as asthma which I understand Dell has. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 8:35 am

Lori,
      I checked Abby’s last blood work from 1 week ago.
      lymphocytes Abby’s 730 reference range is 1500-6500
      monocytes 84 200-900
      eosinophils 8 15-500

So Abby is on the lowend out of the reference range. Abby’s blood work is always after the IVIG infusion is completed, Dell’s blood work is before, is that right?

Cindy

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 10:37 am

I just checked Emi’s blood work from last week.

These are her levels:

monocytes – 428 (normal 200-900)
      eosinophils – 69 (normal 15-600)

The only levels that were out of range this time were:

creatinine 0.4 (normal 0.5-1.2)
      BUN/creatinine ratio 28 (normal 6-22)
      white blood cell count 4.6 (normal 5.0-16.0)
      MCV 89.1 (normal 73.0-87.0)
      MCH 30.5 (normal 24.0-30.0)

The dr & our homecare nurse were not surprised by any of these numbers. The homecare nurse said that the MCV & MCH could be high from the leftover steroids in her body. Emily’s WBC is normally low, so no worries there. I don’t understand how the creatinine can be low, the BUN be at 11 (normal is 7-20) but the BUN/creatinine ratio is high though. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

I think I’m going to start doing research on these blood tests. What DocDavid said about the eosinophils & monocytes being high because of allergies is very interesting to me. Now I want to find out what the others are for too.

I got your email & will get back to you later on today. Emily stayed home from school because she was up coughing ALL night long so she’s keeping me pretty busy. The nurse is coming today so I need to pick up the house too.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for your posts. I have an appt. tormorrow morning with an allergy/immuologist. I will bring all the blood work from birth. Of course, like you all, I have a big folder full.

Thanks again,
      Lori