Weird Flare Up

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 9:05 am

I was dx with GBS in 2007. I was doing great on neurontin and ultram. This past weekend I had a stuffy nose and decided to try Nsaonex, a nasal steroid. Oh my goodness. An hour after doing the Nasonex my legs starting burning then twitching. It’s starting to calm down. Anyone else had flare ups related to nasal steroids?

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 9:32 am

I have not had this happen – but I have discovered that I am sensitive to drugs (that’s what the Dr. called it) that I used to take without any problems. Antihistamines or steroids either one are the culprits with me. They make me feel like my symptoms are returning – then when they wear off I am o.k. again. Be aware – nothing is the same in your life – just be ready.

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 8:11 pm

It’s amazing how certain drugs will cause symptoms to return. I will never do nasonex or flonase again. It must have been the steroid portion of the drug that caused my flare up.

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Gatordale thanks for the heads up.Our daughter has been home now for over a month we did her followup with her PCP and they told us if she even has a sniffle you bring her in immediately.We told them not to worry because her plastic bubble we have her in is germ proof.:)