weight and CIDP

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2006 at 1:48 pm

There are many people who say that they have lost weight with CIDP. I however and i am not on streroids have not been able to loose. I have gained 40 lbs in a year. Sure some it to eating for comfort. But, I have overcome that part I am more active and eating much healthier but cannot loose this weight. I think part of it is the edema I am experiancing but not sure can anyone shed any light on this. i am not taking steroid due to being overweight now.

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2006 at 6:58 pm

have you had your thyroid tested lately. that would be by a blood test-t4 free t and so on. it can cause weight gain/loss and edema. i just had my thyroid meds adjusted and i have lost over 15# in 1 month, and my edema has almost disappeared. talk to your dr. take care.:)

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2006 at 10:27 pm

I was one of the unfortunate ones who gained 80# in 21 months after getting CIDP. But while I was getting infused with 1000 mg of steroids once or twice a week, I was also sedentary during all of that time. I have been able to lose over 50# of that, just by following the Weight Watchers diet. I lost 25# last year from Jan-May & 25# this year from March-June, the rest of the time I was not really dieting. But I do walk now & attend water aerobis twice a week. Being sedentary really does make a difference.
      Pam

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2006 at 2:04 am

thank you all for the good advice and support i will follow both of your advice. I guess I have to remember that this dang disease is slow to get better. slow and steady wins the race right..:D