weakness and seizures

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 5:00 pm

apparently I over did. I went to bed yesterday at 3 pm because I was really tired after volunteering at a political rally. I woke abt 10 pm and went downstairs to pay a credit card bill on line and then went back to bed.

I expected to wake up feeling good and refreshed. That didn’t happen.

I woke with muscles spasming and as I tried things like walking and talking, I had much difficult and with weakness. After getting myself back to bed, I had multiple seizures.
      I took meds to quiet my body down, and now the day is wasted.

oh well, Do others get seizure like myoclonic spasming activity?

I can walk around now, I look a bit unbalanced, and I am, but it’s a steady imbalance.

I hope tomorrow I am more real.

Thanks for listening.

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2008 at 1:07 pm

I know if I push too hard I get very tired and my legs feel like rubber the next day. I really pushed too hard one time and my legs gave out and I couldn’t move for about for a while. That’s was a trip. I’ve experienced cramps both in my hands, arms and legs after a hard day, but not spasms.

I don’t know if this helps. I have found that you can only do so much and if I push myself beyond that point I can do some damage. The saying “no pain, no gain” don’t apply with CIDP.

• Anonymous
      October 24, 2008 at 2:24 pm

Hi today I am flattened. Walking to the bathroom from the bed takes everything I have. For a while I couldn’t think or move, but that is getting better as the day goes on. Hubby had brought me both breakfast and lunch in bed. Thank goodness!

Even typing this requires a break. I just found my eyes closed in between thoughts. Apparently it’s lovely outside, hubby has offered the chaise in the sunshine. That sounds too challenging.

I’ve bounced back before. still eyes tear up at the thought of trying too hard.

Hope this makes sense.
      Erin

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2008 at 9:23 pm

I have some seizures with this also. They are small but still enough to drive you nuts. I always have the tingling in my legs. It has been a month now….went in the hospital and had a spinal tap. Sure enough…it was gbs.