We’re taking the plunge

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2009 at 11:08 am

We are switching home care companies.

Emily had an infusion on Thursday & yet again, the nurse had trouble with the access. She doesn’t push the Huber in deep enough. I told her this & she got snotty with me.

4 out of the last 5 accesses have not been good. One time she had to try 4 times! It’s just not fair to do this to Emily.

So I called the old nurse, the one who left us after 3 years without giving us any notice, & told her what was going on. Apparently the new nurse was doing a few things that were not in protocol. Not to mention she has fallen asleep during 2 different infusions.

I called the neuro’s office & they gave me a number for a new home care company. I called them & they sound good. I’m calling the neuro’s office today to have them send over Emily’s info to the new company.

I hope we get a good nurse. I’ve had it with this crappy one!

Kelly

• August 24, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Hey woman,
      I was ironing this morning and there was this medical type show on and it talked about a variety of things, one being ear piercing for kids. Piercing Pagoda was mentioned as strictly monitored and regulated. They actually had a little girl on the stage getting it done. I was going to call, but it was 5:15 this morning. See how nice I am not to wake you!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Yeah you better not ever call me that early or I’ll drive out to you & kick your bootay! LOL!

I’ll have to look into that place.

Thanks!

Kelly