Wash Post article mentions Guillain-Barre and swine flue vaccine

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2009 at 7:29 pm

The interesting read for people who’ve wondered if a flu shot caused their GBS is at the end:

[QUOTE]But Michael Hattwick, a former CDC official who tracked and analyzed the reactions in 1976, said that one in every 100,000 people developed a neurological disorder, a rate he believes would be similar to those of other vaccines if they were tracked as carefully.

The potential risks were disclosed in the fine print of a two-page consent form at the time, he said.

“There are a lot of unknowns, but I believe you’d find the same rate with any flu shot,” Hattwick said. Still, he said, “people should be told.”
      [/QUOTE]

Officials Are Urged to Heed Lessons of 1976 Flu Outbreak
      By Kimberly Kindy
      Washington Post Staff Writer
      Saturday, May 9, 2009

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/08/AR2009050802050.html

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2009 at 5:36 pm

You know? That was an interesting article! I have one question that just crossed my mind about these vaccines. I know when I did have a few vaccines they would alway’s ask me if I was allergic to eggs or chickens. And I am allergic to feather pillows! Maybe possible allergy to an ingredient in these vaccines that causes the outbreak of Gillian Barre! I don’t know! Just guessing here but it would be strange if it was an allergy to an ingrediant!
      Hugs
      Linda H