Want Feedback On Healing Process

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2008 at 11:16 am

so i’ve been on cyclosporine now for 2 weeks and it is working wonders so far. i’m slowly weaning off the prednisone, down to 25mg and decreasing…

all aspects of my cidp are improving now on cyclosporine like never before during the almost 1 year course of my illness. i’ve gained strength, mobility, balance and feeling. i still have the fatigue, albeit less. but what i am noticing is that i have an increase in pain that resembles the pain i felt at the beginning of my illness– pain that subsided as numbness increased. its that acute pain on the bottom of my feet when i walk– and even my legs in general.

i was curious if anyone else noticed that as they began to heal, that it was followed by more pain…

i asked my neuro and he stated, “i have heard of that.”

i’m cautiously optimistic about cyclosporine– i have come leaps and bounds in 2 weeks. its like new territory for me– so now i am seeking input on what to expect…

thank you so much,
      alice

• Anonymous
      November 23, 2008 at 9:44 pm

Hi Alice,\

I’ve noticed I have more foot cramping going on, as well as intermittent back pain… I think the reason for the back pain, is that I have tried to do to much too soon, compared to how fast my body has healed.. I do a lot of stretching, that hopefully reduces problems… Good to hear you are recovering….:)

• Anonymous
      November 24, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Hi Alice! Hmmm! Maybe it’s a possible that the treatment is taking away inflammation on the nerves causing them to come back to life and yet you still have some nerves that still need healing. Also! Have you been over doing it. I know when I feel better at times, I get more energy and then I end up doing things my body is not used to doing. Then I get more pain because of it.
      Glad that the treatment is helping. And hope you continue to improve getting better. Wishing you my best! Hugs
      Linda H