walkaide system

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Has anyone used myo-orthotics?Treatment for foot drop.Walk aide simulates nerve to muscle signals in the foot and leg.You have to be tested to see if it will work or not.Sometimes we are always looking for things to help make life easier.

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I have been tested twice–1st time last fall and again 6 wks ago(diagnosed 5/17/10) both times with no success. I walk using orthotics to minimize the foot drop. Hopefully I will have more nerve conduction soon.

Wayne

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2011 at 9:38 am

I was tested and failed. I am stil in the wheel chair, can stand, take a few steps if I hold on. Better days ahead!

Shirley

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2011 at 10:36 am

I also tried and failed. Tried on both my left leg with 30+ years damage and my right leg while it was still declining a couple years ago.

When I asked the physical therapists (yep, more than one) and the physical therapy Dr, oh, gosh what was his fancy title- I don’t remember- up at Mayo Clinic they all told me that those devices are intended for people such as stroke victims who have lost the ability to send a nerve impulse from higher up.

It is not intended for those of us with nerve conduction loses within the muscle group we are trying to stimulate. In their experience those who have tried it are not successful and the devices were discouraged for use in my case.

On the other hand, the initial trial is usually free. Just beware that they are trying to sell you the things and the sellers may not have your best interest at heart during the evaluation.

The devices are adjustable to your gait so that when your foot hits the ground they set a delay for an electrical impulse to fire from a button velcroed around your leg over the skin in the vicinity of your peroneal nerve to cause your foot raising muscle to fire.

Read all about it at

[url]http://www.walkaide.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx[/url]

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm

yes i agree somewhat i have talked to places in Florida and anything is possible in this state not as easy in New York State and it seems they have alot more knowledge about them.I will continue to be tested.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Thank you all for in put.We just always look for new ways .The company also made my afo s.And winters tale the dolphin in Fla.

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Ok i tested today also and failed.I was informed that it takes time if the nerves come back from gbs.I have severe footdrop.Was told about some newer braces that are not quite as restrictive as my afos.Never give up there is always another tomarrow.I feel very happy for where i have came from.