Voice from the past

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2006 at 9:11 am

Hello to everyone. I’ve been away from the forum for a while. Remember me? My 71yo mom, Barbara, was diagnosed Oct 2004 while traveling in London. She’s still working hard to improve from an extremely severe case. Still on vent most nights – has gone up to 36 hours a couple times off vent, but fatigues too much without giving her diaphragm a rest on the vent. Able to start/stop and steer her electric wheel chair. Can lift her lower legs almost straight out now when sitting up. Set back last spring for several months of complete bed rest following plastic surgery to repair an ulcerated hip wound. But now back at OP PT/OT 3xs per week. I’m looking forward to meeting many of you next November when you come here to PHoenix for the meeting. Ahhh…November will be nice and cool – none of the 116 degree days we’re having currently!
      It’s good to be back.
      Katy

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2006 at 7:43 am

Welcome back Katy. It is good to hear that you mother has had some improvement. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2006 at 7:49 am

Good update on your mom. Compared to 116 degress what will be cool in November in Phoenix.