Visual Snow

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 7:04 am

I was wondering if anyone else here has visual snow as a residual symptom. Here is an example of what it looks like:

http://www.visualsnow.com/examples/pictures/index_files/page1-1001-full.html

…and a description of the phenomenon:

http://www.visualsnow.com/

This is a constant residual symptom I have experienced ever since GBS hit me, and no doctors have been able to explain it or help me with it. I have even been examined by a neuro-ophthalmalogist with no luck.

Anyway, someone on the visual snow site said that their neurologist only had one other patient with this problem, and that person had GBS. So I’m wondering if anyone else with GBS has visual snow as a residual as well.

Essentially, I’m wondering if this could possibly be directly related to the GBS, or if GBS just activated a pre-existing condition in my case to cause the visual snow.

Anyone else have this? Or is it just me?

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 9:56 am

I thought it was just me! I get it, mostly seems like in the peripheral vision. It comes and goes-sometimes days without, then it will start up again. No doc has an answer.

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 10:16 am

I don’t get the visual snow that I see here but I do have visual disturbances. I see a checkerboarding and spiralling of what ever I look at. Makes it hard sometimes to do things. It comes and goes. I haven’t had it for a while now though and am thankful for that.

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 1:40 pm

I do not get the visual snow but I do get other weird disturbances. Up until a few months ago I used to get fans out of the corner of my eye. It would come and go and while it was,it was really annoying as it would be difficult to see things as great. I went to an eye doc that my neuro refered me to years ago and they said I get what they call slient migranes. Now I do not get the fan aura anymore,I just get-it looks like when there is a puddle of water if you step in it,the water disperses,I get that in my left eye.

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 3:02 pm

So that’s what it’s called! I always referred to it as “flickering”. I would have it especially bad first thing in the a.m. and then it seemed as tho my eyes adapted later in the day. I eventually got mostly over it ~ if I’m over-tired that’s a residual that rears it’s ugly head 😮 Of course, none of the docs knew what I was talking about . . . Oh well, the life of a GBSer :rolleyes: